Over 75 Years of Helpful, Professional, and Honest Service
Signs You Need Emergency Furnace Repair
Furnace issues are never convenient, and some problems warrant a quicker response than others. Call Blakeslee & Son in Rockford, MI, and we’ll help you determine the right fix for your furnace. As a general rule, you should schedule that furnace repair when you notice these warning signs:
- “Rotten Egg” Smells. While it’s common for a little dusty smell when you first turn your furnace on, a rotten egg smell is no joke. This smell indicates a gas leak and should be addressed immediately by a professional before it becomes even more hazardous.
- Unusual Sounds. Banging, rattling, or other sounds that aren’t part of your normal furnace operation usually indicate loose or damaged parts in your furnace system. Call in for repairs before your whole furnace is put at risk.
- Loss of Airflow. This may be due to your blower fan, your ductwork, or any number of other causes. What’s for certain is that you’ll never be comfortable with a furnace that’s not operating at 100%. Call us for emergency furnace repair in Rockford—we have emergency service available every day.
- Yellow Flame in Your Furnace. If you inspect the pilot light in your furnace, it should be blue, not yellow or orange. A yellow or orange flame means that the gas isn’t burning hot enough—a definite indicator of a furnace problem, and a potential indicator of a carbon monoxide leak.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Going Off. If there’s one issue you should take most seriously, it’s carbon monoxide, the “silent killer.” You are especially at risk of this with a very old furnace, where a cracked heat exchanger yields a high probability of a carbon monoxide leak. Call a furnace professional and replace your old unit as soon as possible.
- Your Furnace Won’t Turn On. This goes without saying: if your furnace won’t turn on when you need it to, leave it to the pros. It could be a pilot light or burner issue, neither of which go away on their own.
Signs That You Need Furnace Replacement
It might be hard to make the choice between repairs and full-blown furnace replacement, but if any of the following are true about your furnace, you should consider furnace replacement over repairs:
- Your furnace is 20+ years old
- The costs of your needed furnace repairs total up to more than half the price of a new furnace
- Your furnace fails after repeated repairs
- Your energy bills are too high
Emergency Furnace Repair in Rockford, MI
Blakeslee & Son in Rockford, Michigan, is available for emergency service every day for all your furnace needs. Call our office at 616-866-1921 and we’ll get you on the schedule for furnace repair or furnace replacement as soon as possible! We work in the local West Michigan community, including: