$20 - $30 / hour
In-House Accountant — Rockford, MI
Blakeslee & Son is seeking an accountant to work in-house for our team. We are searching for an experienced individual that is responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting with knowledge of GAAP, Successware(Preferred), and advanced computer skills. Payroll and HR experience are a plus. Primary responsibilities include GL, AP, AR, detailed job cost billings and allocation, lien waivers, daily, weekly, and monthly financial reporting. Administrative duties and liaison with other professionals necessitating excellent verbal and written skills.
Working with Blakeslee offers an exciting change of pace, an opportunity to grow, and great wages with competitive benefits. Looking to switch jobs, but don’t want to lose your vacation days? Let us know how we can accommodate you in a new position at Blakeslee & Son!
Blakeslee & Son, Inc. has been in business for nearly 75 years, serving the HVAC and plumbing needs of Rockford, Grand Rapids, Ada, Cascade, Comstock Park, Walker, and Grandville, MI.
Are you our ideal match? We value your skills! We’d love to meet with you, learn more about you, and see how you can help our business succeed.
Day In the Life at Blakeslee:
An in-house accountant at Blakeslee & Son is responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly). The primary responsibilities of our accountant also include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, detailed job cost billings and allocation, and lien waivers. Our accountant performs administrative duties and liaison with other professionals, for which excellent verbal and written skills are necessary.
We’re hiring—Apply today! Our accountant job is open to candidates in:
- Grand Rapids
- Cedar Springs
- Comstock Park
And the surrounding areas!
- Schedule Service calls when needed
- Maintain equipment pricing
- Budgeting and Tracking of advertising expense
- Provide daily and weekly reporting
- Create sales reports weekly and at month end
- Maintain all insurance data, including policies, certificates, etc.
- Data entry from source documents to complete invoicing
- Prepare bank deposits, Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Generate billing of all accounts
- Reviewing orders for accuracy
- Reconcile AP invoices and identify discrepancies
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Working in POS, Google Docs, Microsoft Office and Successware
- Daily deposits
- Collecting on outstanding invoices
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Full Time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- 5 years of accounting experience to include admin duties
- Advanced customer service skills
- Knowledge of geographical service area
- Knowledge of industry recommended
- Experience in Successware preferred
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Ability to multi-task is a must, as well as ability to learn new things.
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Candidate needs to work well under pressure and work in fast paced Environment
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
- Must be willing to work on deadlines with accurate information
- Applicant may be subject to a background check
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location